Ed note – There were so many things easier to deal with in the pre-internet age….
5 Theories About Conspiracy Theories
– Conspiracy theories are a long-established method of organizing and understanding the modern world.
– Conspiracy theories are a way for people to exert control over or within unstable, complex systems.
– Conspiracy theories are a symptom of a crisis of legitimacy among representative institutions.
– Conspiracy theories are a function of informational overload.
– The world is rife with conspiracy.
Read the whole thing.
Ed note: As long as we’re on the topic of conspiracy theories, here’s one for study which perplexes me. I won’t excerpt it here as I don’t want to draw any of those folks onto our saintly blog but you’ll know what I mean when you read it here.