Do you or does someone you know have the vision and experience to lead the Information Professionals Association and inspire our members as we continue our journey?
The Information Professionals Association (IPA) is seeking a new President to lead IPA for at least two years. In the last two years, IPA has grown significantly in membership and public stature. We are looking for a new President who can continue the momentum and help IPA pursue its mission. The new President’s term will begin January 2024. Additionally, this position is fully voluntary and uncompensated, but can be held in addition to other professional employment.
Desirable candidates will:
- Be actively engaged in IPA’s day-to-day activities
- Be a recognized thought leader or change maker in information and/or cognitive security
- Develop a compelling vision for IPA to be the global nexus for information professionals
- Have experience in management and fundraising activities
- Be able to travel periodically to Washington DC or Silicon Valley or both
See this announcement for additional details about the application and selection process.
About IPA: Our mission is to provide a forum for information professionals to interact, collaborate, and develop solutions that enhance the cognitive security of the US and our friends and allies. IPA serves as the nexus for the global community of information professionals interested in the application of soft and hard science, advanced analytics, and innovative technologies to advance security, prosperity, shared values, and international order through the free flow of ideas and information. Our goals are:
- Serve as an incubator for objective discussions leading to substantive solution development through events, consultation, and professional publications
- Advocate for the development of innovative capabilities which enable effective engagement in the information environment
- Nurture private and public partnerships to develop a broad-based professional organization dedicated to successful competition in the information environment
- Recruit and mentor the next generation of information professionals, leveraging their perspectives to develop innovative solutions to current challenges and prevent future problems