IPA Board of Advisors
Christopher MacPherson – Senior Technology Strategist
Christopher joined frog in September 2016. He focuses on the to design and application of data, technology, and the experience to enable transformational change. Christopher came to frog from the global macro-hedge fund Bridgewater Associates, where he designed and built a talent research team. Prior to Bridgewater, Christopher spent more than a decade working U.S. national security issues for the federal government, most recently as a Foreign Affairs Specialist in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Combating Terrorism and Special Operations, where he oversaw Information Operations and countering violent extremism activities as well as the research and development of irregular warfare technologies. He has been a Presidential Management Fellow with the Office of the Secretary of Defense, served on the National Security Council in the White House Situation Room, a computer scientist for the National Security Agency, a speechwriter for the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, a researcher for the Manhattan Institute for Public Policy, and a software developer for an internet startup company. He received both the Global War on Terrorism Civilian Service Medal and the Department of the Army’s Commander’s Award for Civilian Service for his time spent in Afghanistan. Christopher holds a Master in Public Affairs from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, an M.S. from the U.S. National Intelligence University, and a degree in Computer Science from Hamilton College in upstate New York.He has published articles and spoken on religion and terrorism and civil-military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Christopher grew up on a maple syrup farm in western Massachusetts, plays the drums, and loves to ski.
- Kenneth H. Heffner, PhD. – Honeywell Senior Fellow Engineer – Aerospace. Honeywell Space Systems; Clearwater, Florida. Lead/Support new Cyber Physical Systems / IoT R&D and New Product Development/Introduction. Aerospace Technology Leader for Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSS). Aerospace Lead for New Critical Infrastructure Systems Engineering Modeling for CPSS. Aerospace Lead for Systems Security Engineering Workforce Development. Aerospace Lead for new Computing Paradigms and Supporting Technology. Honeywell Engineer/Technology Fellow – Systems Security Engineering 2009 – 2017 : Honeywell Space Systems; Clearwater, Florida – Lead/Support new Space Systems Platforms R&D and New Product Development/Introduction. Aerospace Technology Leader for Protective Technologies – Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSS). Aerospace Lead for Critical Infrastructure Systems Engineering Modeling for CPSS. Aerospace Lead for DoD Better Buying Power through Systems Engineering. Aerospace Staff Inertial Systems Engineer 2006 – 2009 : Honeywell Space Systems; Clearwater, Florida – Led/Supported New Space System Platform R&D. Space Inertial Systems R&D Lead – Aerospace Technology Leader for Systems Security Engineering [Anti-Tamper, Information Assurance, others]. Certified Corporate Senior Six Sigma Black Belt 2004 – 2006 : Honeywell Corporate; Morristown, NJ. Led High Impact Systems Engineering Projects in Honeywell’s Aerospace Business Unit using Lean and Design for Six Sigma processes. Drove change in the engineering organization through VPD™. Acquired Anti-Tamper TRL 3-4 DoD technology development program and establish technical leadership position. Led the establishment of an Aerospace-wide Anti-Tamper business growth plan and an Anti-Tamper business-technology team. Project Staff Design Engineer 1998 – 2004 : Honeywell Space Systems; Clearwater, Florida -Technical Director for $2M/Year satellite communications materials technology development programs. Director for two classified R&D Laboratories – Clearwater, FL. Project Staff Materials Scientist 1995 – 1998 : Honeywell Space Systems; Clearwater, FL. Project Leader for new electronic systems technology programs enabling miniaturization, thermal management and rad-hardening enhancements to products to reduce otherwise prohibitively high costs. Technical Director for a development program for novel coating technologies used in electronic packaging ($22M over six years) Experience & Skills Design for Six Sigma (HW, SW and Growth) and Lean- Leading/Developing People and or Teams External Customer Interaction – Leader – Ran/Running Business – $ Millions Velocity Product Development – Expert . Program/Project Management – Multiple >$1M Projects. New Product Introduction – Leader Education University of South Florida – Tampa, FL PhD. Chemistry 2004 Certifications, Awards, Licenses & Patents Certification: 00002307 – Six Sigma Black Belt Certification 2010 Honeywell Outstanding Engineer Award 2005 – Quest for Excellence: Business Division Team Leader Award – Next Generation Fiber Optic Gyro 1998 – Honeywell Outstanding Engineer Award 1996 – Honeywell Corporate Technical Award 1989 – Honeywell Outstanding Engineer Award 1987 – Honeywell Outstanding Engineer Award Patents Issued to Date: PATENT 9,465,960 PATENT 7,429,915 PATENT 9,312,869 PATENT 7,344,760 PATENT 8,995,658 PATENT: 7,189,335 PATENT 8,921,971 PATENT: 6,459,488 PATENT 8,710,618 PATENT: 6,287,985 PATENT 8,211,538 PATENT: 6,319,740 PATENT 7,796,036 PATENT: 6,110,537 PATENT 7,758,911 PATENT: 5,877,093 PATENT 7,495,544 PATENT: 5,762,711 PATENT 7,460,241 Multiple Pending.
- Tony Sgro – CEO EdVenture Partners
- Aaron Lobel – President – America Abroad Media
- MG(R) Al Batschelet – Partner – Horizon Strategies
- Matt Armstrong – Mountain Runner.com
- Mike Ledbetter – Vice President for Cyber – COLSA Corp